It took about a month and my knees still haven't recovered from all the hours I spent ripping up the floor (twice) and laying the new tile (twice), but the kitchen is done!! Rob helped me move the appliances back in this morning and that brought an official end to the project. My dining room seems huge now without the fridge and stove in there. I still want to change out the light fixture, put in under-the-cabinet lighting, put a stainless steel backsplash behind the stove, put in a maple threshold at the edge of the tile, get a new stainless steel fridge (when my budget recovers) and see to other various details that will really complete the room, but those things will all have to wait until after my vacation. For now, its done!!! I can cook again! Yeah!! And what did I cook for dinner tonight, you ask..... a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Oh well. All in good time.
Here are some great before and after pics.....



6 comments:
It looks amazing! I can't believe that you did that!
That looks SO good! I love the dark countertops. You have fabulous taste, my friend!
we love it. it looks amazing cherie. we can't wait to see it in person now that it is all put together.
WOW! I LOVE the new kitchen! Very, very nice. So sorry to hear about the tile work....bummer :o( The before and after pictures were great fun to see. Thanks for sharing.
wow! that looks realllly good! I'm impressed!
It looks wonderful Cherie! Now that you're an expert, you can come help me remodel my kitchen!!!
Alison
Post a Comment