Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vacation - Bike Ride with Julie

I have a cousin, Julie, who is totally awesome, and she's single and available guys. She is a triathlete as well and we've talked before about how fantastic it would be to live close enough to each other to train and race together, so while I was home we went on a long training ride. Julie coaxed her home teacher into letting me borrow his road bike and off we went for a 26 mile sunset ride. The temperature had cooled down enough to be comfortable and it was a gorgeous evening.

We rode from my parents' house down to Edison Street and then down to the river. We biked through Columbia Park along the river trail all the way to Keene in West Richland. We rode up Bombing Range Road and then rode through miles and miles of vineyards on the back side of Badger Mountain. We had a perfect view of Rattlesnake Mountain towering up over the vineyards right at sunset. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. It turned dark on us so we tried to be extra safe and aware as we finished up our ride coming in from the hills and back down 10th to my parents' house again.

It was great talking to Julie as we rode, discussing single life and talking about boys and getting to know each other better. Next summer plans are in the works for a family triathlon weekend where all the athletes in the family will complete in a triathlon together as individuals or on relay teams. The rest of the family will come cheer us on. We'll camp nearby and make a family reunion of it. I'm thinking the Twin Falls Triathlon is a good race candidate for this event next July. Grandma is already having visions of matching T-shirts for the lot of us. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Yea! I'm so glad that other people are catching the vision! I can't wait until Jenn hears about how others want to do it!