Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vacation - Boating on the Columbia River

No summertime visit home is complete without spending some time on the river. Some of my fondest memories growing up are family gatherings at the river, going out on Grandpa's boat, and wakeboarding excursions with my brothers. The water was too cold to swim in (it isn't warm enough for swimming until late summer/early fall) but we went for a nice evening ride and had a picnic in the boat in the middle of the river.

My parents' boat is named "Miss Behavior" because my dad is a middle school principal. Uncle Lee is an attorney and his boat is named "Miss Demeanor". Kind of fun!


The dark red brick hotel there to the left on the river bank is my favorite river view hotel. If I ever get married and my husband and I stay in a hotel in the Tri-Cities, I want to stay in that one so we can go right out of the hotel to walk along the river together.

This is Badger Mountain. We hiked it!




Self-portrait!



At the wheel!


Rattlesnake Mountain and the marina at sunset as we loaded the boat back onto the trailer.

We stopped on the drive home to take another picture of Rattlesnake Mountain as the sun continued to set.

1 comment:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I love that sunset picture. I didn't know that about the boat names either. That is so funny!