Our yard in the summertime is amazing because my mom is a master gardener. She works wonders on this yard and it gets better and better every year. There couldn't be a better place for a summer evening BBQ, and its a popular place for wedding receptions for ward and family members. Here is a brief photo tour of the garden.


This is Kennewick rhubarb. Virginia rhubarb doesn't look anything like this. In Virginia I have to get rhubarb in the grocery store and its small and greenish, not all that different in appearance from celery. THIS is rhubarb! Huge and red and plump. Perfect for rhubarb cake, rhubarb crumble, rhubarb kuchen, rhubarb syrup..... mmm..... I canned some rhubarb syrup while I was home. Its fantastic warm over vanilla ice cream.

The pumpkin patch

The lima bean house for the grandkids to play in.

The flower garden
2 comments:
I love her garden! I think the bean house is my favorite for right now though. I was really grumpy when I got to the BBQ and seriously considered hiding in there until I could mellow out and be sociable! (o: Then there's that whole grown-up dignity thing and I decided that wouldn't be a good idea after all.
I LOVE your mom's garden!! I want my garden to look like that :o)
Post a Comment