One morning while I was in Kennewick we hiked Badger Mountain. When I tell people I'm from Washington State I usually get the response 'oh, its so lovely and green there', and parts of it is, but not the part I call home.

A mountain hike near Kennewick looks like this.....

Badger Mountain - The trail up
In fact we can see from our kitchen window a beautiful view of Rattlesnake Mountain - the largest mountain in North America without a natural tree on it. Can you see Rattlesnake Mountain off in the distance in this picture? Badger Mountain doesn't have a natural tree on it either, obviously, but its just not the biggest. It is close to our house though, so we hiked it.



Victorious hikers at the top!

The view from the top looking down on the Tri-Cities with the Columbia River running through it.

The view from the top looking down on the other side where there are miles and miles of vineyards and wineries. My cousin, Julie, and I went on a long bike ride through these vineyards.


I am strong like a mountain.
1 comment:
I didn't even know there was a mountain here. I need to pay better attention!
Post a Comment