My visit home just happened to be at the peak of the apricot season. One great thing about being home is the wonderful abundance of produce all summer long. Apricot syrup and dried apricots are some of my favorite summer treats, so we picked a few boxes of apricots, filled the food dryer and canned a couple batches of apricot syrup. Yum! We even did a couple jars of rhubarb syrup too! Both syrups are great over vanilla ice cream on a summer evening. When I get back to Virginia I want to find a place to pick peaches so I can make peach pie and can some peaches to last me through winter.
New Year's Resolutions
-
In the spirit of New Year's and the goals and resolutions it always brings,
Elder D. Todd Christofferson gave an exceptional address last week at BYU.
Watc...
15 years ago

1 comment:
Ooo! I really like it in smoothies! So far, we have just mostly eaten our apricots...which explains a lot of my wee babe's diapers.
Post a Comment