After 3 weeks of being stuck at 160.6 lbs (Yes! Exactly 160.6 lbs for 3 weeks ~ a streak that drove me to the desperate measure of changing the batteries in my scale to be sure the thing was working), I finally dropped below that today, although I still haven't broken through the 160 lb barrier. Its seems that no matter what I do I can't get below 160. I've increased my morning run from 18 minutes to 22 minutes this week, and after running in the morning yesterday, going for a brisk walk during lunchtime and riding my bike for an hour in the evening I thought surely I'd drop below 160 today, but alas it was not so. I weighed in at 160.0 this morning. Tomorrow morning for sure, right?
Btw, last night I rode my new bike with my new pedals and new shoes, stopping to cross 8 busy streets without falling once. The danger of having your shoes clipped into the pedals is forgetting to unclip them before you come to a stop. The bike loses momentum, tips precariously to one side or the other and instead of putting your foot out to catch yourself you simply topple over.
New Year's Resolutions
-
In the spirit of New Year's and the goals and resolutions it always brings,
Elder D. Todd Christofferson gave an exceptional address last week at BYU.
Watc...
15 years ago

4 comments:
Tomorrow's your day, I can just feel it! You've been doing amazing things. Way to go!
Good luck. Great job on your biking and overall athleticism. You are incredible.
Try getting braces. That will take care of any weight you are worried about. And those bothersome cheeks and gums. And chewing. Who needs those?
Plateaus are the pits, aren't they? My spousal unit has the same problem, but in reverse. He has been trying to gain weight ever since I've known him and he has to fight tooth and nail for every single pound. Sometimes you just have to be more stubborn than metabolism.
Nope - foiled again. Yesterday I ran 2 miles in the morning. Swam laps for 40 minutes after work and did some weightlifting, and weighed in at 160.2 this morning. These are the usual responses I get from my body - "You want me to gain muscle? Sure! No problem." "You want me to lose fat? No thank you. I'd rather not."
Post a Comment