Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Meeting anyone? Right this way to our lovely conference room...

Last week some maintenance guys came into our office to look at the ceilings. They said the office upstairs from us was complaining because their big filing cabinets have been rolling out of place. The maintenance guys acted like they thought it was a big joke. They found the whole situation pretty funny until they found big cracks in the floor of that file room and found the steel beams giving way above our conference room and storage room.

The door of our conference room has been closing on its own for a few months, so the beams had shifted, throwing off the squareness of that wall a while ago. They brought in big wooden beams and shored up the steel ceiling beams, but the maintenance guys seem to view this as a permanent solution to the problem and we beg to differ. We invited the building inspector and the maintenance department to a meeting to discuss the situation and the repair plan, citing the COR Conference Room as the location, but they all declined the invitation. Bummer! I really wanted to see them sitting amongst the wooden beams, like a bunch of guys hanging out under a pier or something, having a business meeting. They've messed with the wrong office though. We'll get it fixed to our satisfaction. You'll see.


4 comments:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I like it! You could string up a hammock and really enjoy your meetings!

EarlGirl said...

That looks like my bathroom right now!

Sarah Jones said...

oh man, thats crazy! I love that you invited them to a meeting in there!

Dweezleboss said...

Personally, I think a couple of fake ivies twined around the poles would really dress up the place!! Good luck!!

I enjoy your blog and having an idea of what you're up to--but Missy pointed out that maybe I should comment on it once in a while, so I have followed her wise counsel. May the Force be with you! (Aunt Renee)