Friday, April 18, 2008

I need a patch!....for The Biggest Loser withdrawals!

During this past season of The Biggest Loser (starting in January), I have watched the show religiously every Tuesday night. As I've worked to lose weight myself, I looked to The Biggest Loser as my weekly motivational pep talk to encourage me to keep at it and work hard. The Biggest Loser contestants became my buds, my peeps, my reason to come home on Tuesday evenings. I had hoped they'd begin a new season immediately, like they did in January, but the next season doesn't start until October. AHHHH! What am I going to do until then? I'll have to watch the three episodes that I taped this season over and over and over to keep me motivated to lose weight.


One of my favorite contestants was Ali. She and I are the same age and she enjoys a good challenge like I do. My goal for a few weeks was to keep pace with Ali as she lost weight, but she surpassed me pretty quickly. She transformed and became a true athlete, winning The Biggest Loser this season. She lost 112 lbs in 5 months. She's awesome! I'm heading in the same direction, just not as quickly. If only I had 8-10 hours a day to work out. Then I'd lose some serious weight quickly, but alas I have to have a day job. Rest assured, when I have an "after" picture as good as Ali's, I'll post it!

2 comments:

Talai said...

I watched the finale of the show and it brought me to tears! It is just so inspiring! You are doing awesome! Every time I see you at church you look like you have lost more weight!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I feel like a Before Picture right now. That change is inspiring.