Friday, July 4, 2008

Race Results

Rob and I ran the Autism Speaks 5K this morning in Potomac, MD. It was Rob's first 5k ever. Go Rob! I was excited to run with Rob because we're both about the same pace, so we pretty much stuck together through the whole race, which is something I'm rarely able to do with friends. Running the Preakness 5k last year with Laura is the only other time I've run an entire race with someone else.

Before the race....


My 5k time last week was so fast that I knew it would be a long shot to repeat such a good time, but I came close. Here are the official results:


Overall Place Age Group Place Name Age Net Time Pace
==================================================
463......44/91.......Robert Burton..35...27:14...8:46
469......17/62......Cherie Jones.....32...27:18...8:47

...And after.

There were 1,393 total runners. Rob and I were in the 67th and 66th percentiles overall, respectively. Not bad, eh? Hopefully we'll do more races together in the future.

2 comments:

Bottger Family said...

You go girl! I get winded just pushing my baby stroller into town on a straight, flat path :) You inspire me!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

You guys look wiped! But, DANG are you looking good! You have been working hard, girl! Nice job! (I've got to go running more!)

(o: