I met Rob several years ago when we were both in the Langley Ward. We hit it off right away and we've been good friends ever since. I've been friends with Rob longer than almost anyone else I know here in the DC area while so many other friends have come and gone in the time I've known him.
Rob is always up for a good adventure ~ Nationals games, kayaking, the Tracy Chapman concert, New Year's Eve game night, swing dancing, camping, the Polar Bear Plunge, assembling Ikea furniture, Syracuse/Palmyra road trip, ward dinner groups, Easter egg rolling, the Gladys Knight concert, cherry blossom viewing, long walks around Bethesda, ethnic restaurants, a 5k race (tomorrow... on his birthday!!), maybe a triathlon soon.... always good times!
Palmyra, NY
I appreciate Rob's social independence. When I suggest activities, he just simply agrees to come or declines. When I suggest activities to other friends I am often met by "well, who else is going?" or "I'll go if so-and-so goes" or "I'm not sure if I'm free that day... something else may come up" etc, etc, etc, but not from Rob. He doesn't depend on the mob mentality to set his social calendar. If its something he wants to do, he comes, and if its something he doesn't want to do he declines. Such honesty and independence is rare and refreshing. It makes things less complicated.

Rob has a good sense of humor. He is smart, works hard and enjoys learning new things. He knows a ton about biology and chemistry and can answer all my random questions like "what makes curly hair curl?" He is athletic and values his health. He is a morning person. He drives a Honda. He can sing. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and applies it in his life. He encourages me and supports me in my goals (knowing that I'm trying to lose weight, he's careful where he takes me when we eat out, which I really appreciate). He hates making a big deal of holidays and birthdays, but he's getting a birthday blog anyway. Have a good one Rob!! Happy Birthday!!



2 comments:
What a fun friend! I love people who are game for whatever, like the assembling furniture stuff, not just the fun concerts and things. Those kinds of people are the very best.
ohh, very helpful information. geez, i hope all goes well!!!
Post a Comment