Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some Lessons on Faith and Fear

Rob sent me a link to this talk last night and I found it very insightful.

Some Lessons on Faith and Fear
By GREGORY CLARK
http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=12253

My life is full of uncertainty ~ will I ever marry, will I stay here or move when Laura & Clark leave the area, etc. ~ and sometimes its hard to have faith and be hopeful. This talk points out that even President Hinckley reminded himself every morning that “It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry.” Its a good read.

3 comments:

EarlGirl said...

I loved that talk too. I subscribe to the BYU devotionals on itunes. I especially loved the way he was so human about the subject. I also loved the analogy of the cold, and understanding your spirit's symptoms of neglect. Great stuff!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Wasn't that just the epitome of President Hinckley's attitude though? I miss him. Those are some hard things to think about. I'm sure it will all work out for your good though even though it is scary.

Shiloh said...

Thanks for sharing this talk! I needed something like this. I totally understand the uncertainties of life. Its good to remember to stay on the faith-side of things!