Tomorrow morning Rob and I are running a 5k race. My 5k time last week was so fast, that I'm not sure I can improve on it so soon. I got to thinking about my 5k running history, wondering how fast I was in my first race and how much I've improved, so I got online and looked up all my previous 5k race times:
June 1, 2002
National Race for the Cure (My first 5k ever!)
36:53
September 7, 2002
Arlington 9/11 Memorial 5K
33:01
May 12, 2007
Preakness 5K
32:31
May 9, 2008
Loundon County 5K
27:38
June 28, 2008
Women's Distance Festival 5K
26:54
It looks like the triathlon cross-training and running intervals regularly over this past winter made me a lot faster. Since my first 5k six years ago I've knocked almost exactly 10 minutes off my time. I've improved my time with every race I've done. Let's see if I can do it again....
New Year's Resolutions
-
In the spirit of New Year's and the goals and resolutions it always brings,
Elder D. Todd Christofferson gave an exceptional address last week at BYU.
Watc...
15 years ago

1 comment:
Holy cow! 10 minutes off your first time! That is so cool. Doesn't it feel good to watch yourself improve? That's one thing I'm sad about now that I've moved. I had this running path that I judged myself on. I could tell how well I was doing by how far I made it in a certain amount of time. 4 acres of rented forest is worth that little loss though.
Post a Comment