
Me and Ie Li after our race.
Saturday morning I ran a 4-mile race in my very own Reston, VA. A group of women from my ward decided to train for and run the race together, and I joined them. We ran together in the evenings for a few weeks and then 4 of us did this race. It was so fun to workout with friends and do a race with them. Those are things I usually do by myself, but they're so much more enjoyable with friends.
My overall time was 37:26 (9:22 mile). You can view the full race results here. The morning was quite hot and humid, which came as a shock to the body as our first truly hot day after a long, cool, and rainy spring. You can tell by my red face that I was a little overheated. I was hoping to keep a 9-minute mile pace, but the heat got to me at the end.
So when's my next race, you ask?
6/21 - Bath County Sprint Triathlon - Warm Springs, VA
6/28 - Women's Distance Festival 5K - Reston, VA

3 comments:
You are so much cooler than I will ever be. I hit six weeks today and finally started working out again. I thought I was going to DIE!
Thanks for running with me, Cherie!
Great job, Cherie! It looks like you have been working hard. I tend to kill myself working towards a specific running time. I almost killed my running partner off with my fanatacism. I think running with a partner is THE BEST! And...you get a better cardio workout because you are talking the whole time...AND it's free therapy!
Post a Comment