Friday, June 6, 2008

Randy and Stephanie drove down from Syracuse last weekend to visit me and to see Regina Spektor perform in DC. The evening that they arrived I took them to Bethesda, MD for dinner. With its little shops, art galleries, high foot traffic and ethnic restaurants, I knew they'd love it. I really enjoy walking around that area. Rob used to live there and we would always go for a walk around Bethesda before choosing a place to eat.

Bethesda

The next day we went in to DC. Right as we were heading out the door, I grabbed some sunscreen and Randy changed out his sweater for a short sleeve shirt and we both ended up very happy with our last minutes decisions. It was a hot day! We took the metro into DC and walked the full length of the mall, visiting all the memorials on the way. We started at the Lincoln Memorial, saw the Korean Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Nurses' Memorial, World War II Memorial, Washington Monument, and Sculpture Garden.


I'm a work of art!


We ended up in front of the Air & Space Museum at the "Israel @ 60" celebration. It was neat to see the Jewish community out in masses. Regina Spektor gave a free concert as part of the celebration and we worked our way to the front of the crowd to watch. I got some good pictures with my super zoom camera lens. Her concert was the main reason we were in DC that day. She was very entertaining - a genuine and talented musician.

3 comments:

Sarah Jones said...

Sounds like fun! Did you take that picture of Regina Spektor? It looks like you were so close - thats awesome!

hither2 said...

I love you hair do! It seems to have waves/curls in it, did you curl it, or did the humidity?

Great photos! You are a skilled photographer!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love family visits.