Tuesday, June 24, 2008

8:07

So, for the last 8 weeks I've been participating in the Reston Runners Women's Training Program. It's kind of like a running camp for women. We met once a week for seminars on nutrition, shoes, stretching, etc. and we would workout for an hour afterwards. I was in the Advanced Beginning Runners groups and we did interval training and hill workouts to try to build up our endurance and increase our speed. The first week we did a timed mile to use as a benchmark. My time was 8:30. Last night we did another timed mile to see how much we had improved. My time was 8:07. I got faster!! Just think how fast I could be if I lost the 15-20 lbs I'd still like to lose... Oh, the possibilities.

Just as an interesting side note - Alan Webb was practicing on the South Lakes High School track with us last night. He went to high school there. He is running the 1500 m in the Olympic trials next weekend. He runs a mile in less than 4 minutes!

No comments: