Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tri to Help - Indoor Triathlon for Epilepsy

On Saturday I participated in an indoor triathlon. It was a fundraiser for the Johns Hopkins Pediatric Epilepsy Center. I had never done something like this before, and I didn't quite know what to expect. I thought there would be serious triathletes participating, using this as a great off-season training, and I might be a little out of my league, but it was nothing like that. Although some of the people throughout the day may have been hard-core triathletes, everyone in my heat was just there to have a good time and celebrate being healthy.

This is how the event worked - It was held at a gym. Everyone swam laps for 10 minutes, then you had 10 minutes to change clothes and go to the stationary bikes, you biked for 30 minutes, had a 5 minute break to move to the treadmills, and then ran for 20 minutes. They tracked the distance that you went in the time allotted. I came in 14th out of 47 women. I'm happy with that. You can view the results here. I was especially happy with my cycling distance ~ 9.09 miles in 30 minutes! My goal was 7 miles.

Here are a few pics:



2 comments:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Look at you go! You are so cool!

Sarah Jones said...

After swimming laps the other day we are so impressed with your athleticism.