Wednesday, February 27, 2008

5 Years

Five years ago today was my first day as an employee in the Office of the Loudoun County Commissioner of the Revenue. I started out as a Business Tax Auditor and did that for a little over 3 years. Then I transitioned to Deputy Commissioner over Office Technology, and I've been in this position almost 2 years. So, the 5 year mark is a big one because it means I'm vested in the Virginia State Pension Plan. Even if I left my job now, come retirement time I'd get some type of pension payment. It probably wouldn't be much more than $50 at this point, but hey, $50 is better than nothing.

3 comments:

EarlGirl said...

Happy Vested Day!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

You solid thing you. I've never stayed anywhere longer than 2 years in my whole adult life...and 2 years beat everything else by quite a long time.

Sweet Cherie said...

I know. In college I got used to moving a few times each year. Now, I've lived in Reston for 7 years, and I've been in my condo for more than 3 years. I'm starting to get a little restless. I like moving.