Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Birthday David!!

Today is my brother David's birthday. He is 23. Today is also my half-birthday. I'm 32.5. David and I are 9.5 years apart, to the day. One time when David was in middle school or high school he wrote in my birthday card "Cherie, you're 10 years older than me again. When is it ever going to stop!?" The answer is soon, David, soon. Most women reach an age from which they never proceed. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting close :-)

David is one of my favorite people in the whole world. He is talented, smart, and capable. He's a musician, an athlete, and a computer guru. He is level-headed and extremely patient. I have never seen David lose his temper. He is creative, always full of ideas, and some of his ideas generate a great deal of entertainment, like when he and his friend Kyle shaved big bald spots on the tops of their heads as a tribute to their Seminary teacher and his hairstyle.



I hope you have a great birthday David!! I'm sure Sarah has great plans for your birthday celebration.

3 comments:

Sarah Jones said...

I love that you have the bald picture and the coneheads! David will love this!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

What a great guy! I don't know though...he lost his temper a lot when he was two. I think that should count. (o:

David Jones said...

Thanks Cherie! I love the pictures. I've been wanting to try that hair style again but Sarah doesn't approve - I'm not sure why!