After the 5k on Saturday I was telling Rob that I thought they had mismeasured the course because a time of 27:38 (view race results here), through mud no less, was too fast of a time for me. Last year I was running a 10-minute mile pretty consistently.Well, I'm doing this 8-week running training program and last night was our first run and we ran a timed mile to use as a benchmark so we can measure our progress at the end of the program. It was raining. I run better in the rain, but I was still quite surprised by my time....guess what it was.... 8:30 on the dot. I don't think I've run a mile that fast since the 7th grade. I was pretty happy with myself. So the goal for the end of the running program is to run a mile in 8 minutes or less. I guess maybe the 5k course was really a full 5k after all. I CAN run that fast!

3 comments:
Way to go, Miss Lickety Splickety!
Aren't you just the speedy thing! That is so awesome! So much better than a mistake, right?
Keep it up speedy!
Post a Comment