Saturday, May 10, 2008

Claude Moore 5K

Loudoun County Government sponsored a 5k run this morning. I signed up just for the fun of it. I figured it would be a good morning workout. It rained all night and the rain was still coming down this morning, but we ran anyway. I rather like running in the rain actually.

Before the start of the race they announced that we would find some standing water on the course ... and some moving water on the course. I hadn't realized it was a trail run through the forest. It was a muddy mess! But after the first couple puddles it became obvious that staying dry was not possible, so I just ran straight through the puddles and the mud with gusto and it was awesome! There's something very fun and exhilarating about running in rain and mud. If I had known we'd be running through mud though, I would have worn different shoes. Look at my poor, muddy shoes! They were bright white before this.



Believe it or not, I came in 3rd in my age group - Women 31-40! My time was somewhere around 27 minutes. I wasn't watching the clock. This cute little boy, Forest, about 8 years old, was running next to me for the last mile or so. I could tell he was pushing himself to beat me, so I slowed up just enough to let him pass me at the end. There were a ton of kids who ran the race and they were all super fast. The overall female winner was an 11-year-old.


I got a medal!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Yee-haw! You go, girl! I always thought bright white was for sissies anyways...

EarlGirl said...

I love the picture of you with your medal. You look so cute!

Bottger Family said...

Go super women! You look awesome! Congratulations!