I've input all my information into TurboTax, and I'm just waiting for my W-2 to make sure my numbers are correct before I submit my tax return. You never want to give the government an interest-free loan, so the goal in tax planning is to breakeven come tax time. My tax planning was excellent this year and my refund will be small, but I want my money ASAP nonetheless.
At this time of year I love to watch my all-time favorite TV episode, which happens to be about a tax audit. Its from Season 1 of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and coincidentally Comcast has just posted the full episode online for your viewing pleasure.
Go to http://www.fancast.com/tv/The-Mary-Tyler-Moore-Show/9977/watch-videos
Click the Play button next to the episode titled "1040 or Fight" and enjoy!!
They capture the auditor personality to a tee. Its hilarious. If doing your taxes gets you depressed, just watch this episode and you'll be laughing in no time.
New Year's Resolutions
-
In the spirit of New Year's and the goals and resolutions it always brings,
Elder D. Todd Christofferson gave an exceptional address last week at BYU.
Watc...
15 years ago

2 comments:
Can't wait to watch it! Good for you getting your taxes done already.
I can't wait to get all my W-2s so I can do our taxes...still waiting on the ones from washington. I don't know why, but I get a great deal of satisfaction from doing my taxes.
Post a Comment