Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cozy, Cozy

I unexpectedly found some great fleece fabric at Jo-Anns on black Friday, so I bought it and made myself a blanket. Isn't it cute?! One side of the blanket has squiggly stripes in a bunch of great colors and the other side is a wonderful soft butter yellow. I love that the colors in the blanket are many of the same colors that are in the beautiful bouquet of flowers I have on my desk. Fun! Fun!


3 comments:

EarlGirl said...

Oh, I love it! It looks so cozy.

shelleyjanae said...

How did you finish the edges? I want to make a fleece blanket but can't decide how to finish it. LOVE the colors and stripes.

Sweet Cherie said...

Oh, I love how I did the edges. I did it kind of like a pillowcase. I cut both fabrics to the exact same size with right sides together. I sewed around the edges, leaving just about a 6 inch gap on one side. I flipped the whole thing right side out and then sewed around the edges about an inch in, hand sewing the little gap I left open for flipping. Then I sewed down several of the squiggly stripes in the middle of the blanket to keep the two pieces together. I sewed the whole blanket in about two hours. It was easy and I love it!