I've had a cold, bordering on a sinus infection, since Christmas Day. It won't go away. I've tried taking no medication and drinking lots of fluids to let my body fight it off naturally, but when I can't take it anymore I take Sudafed or Nyquil. I'm doing a sinus rinse several times a day. That is helping. At least I can breathe through my nose even if it is all chapped from too much nose-blowing. There is something oddly satisfying doing a sinus rinse and watching big, green globs of snot get flushed from your sinuses and go down the drain.
I've thought many times that I need sinus Listerine to squirt up my nose to kill all the germs in there. Well, at the suggestion of my co-worker, Tom, I made my own sinus Listerine and tried it and I think it worked. I added a dash of hydrogen peroxide to my sinus rinse last night. It smells awful! Like that rotting fish and kelp smell at the beach. It made me totally gag, but I woke up this morning feeling better than I've felt in weeks. I don't recommend trying this at home unless you're totally desperate like I was, but it worked for me.
New Year's Resolutions
-
In the spirit of New Year's and the goals and resolutions it always brings,
Elder D. Todd Christofferson gave an exceptional address last week at BYU.
Watc...
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment