Having lost 35 pounds over the last year and a half, hardly any of my clothes fit anymore. And the clothes I do have are well past their prime. As I was putting a shirt on one morning I noticed that it was the same shirt I was wearing in a picture up on my bulletin board ~ a picture of me with some classmates at BYU.... 8 years ago! In fact most of my clothes have had a similarly long life that should really come to an end now. I've donated record numbers of clothing items to charity, but I wanted to wait to replace those clothes until my mom could join me for the shopping. We planned the shopping outing months ago, and this weekend the time finally came to lay down the cash for some new threads.
I saved up my money, watched "What Not to Wear" with some regularity, checked out Stacy & Clinton's fashion guide from the library, bought properly fitting undergarments and scoped out some stores in preparation for the shopping spree. I'm usually a very, very picky shopper and unwilling to part with my money for anything I don't absolutely love, but the anticipation and the preparation to finally get new, slimmer clothes possessed me to shop like I'd never shopped before.
The total damage: $690.85
The new threads (well in line with Stacy & Clinton's list of wardrobe essentials, I might add):
Black suit with jacket, pants & skirt
3 pairs of black pants (1 for swing dancing only)
Brown pinstripe pants
Khaki pants
3 pairs of jeans (1 dressy, 1 super casual, 1 regular)
Khaki knee-length shorts
1 satin dress shirt
3 nice blouses
1 short sleeve sweater
1 3/4 sleeve sweater
1 long sleeve sweater jacket
3 casual shirts
1 pair casual sandals
Behold, the fashion show:











Mom & Dad bought me a Syracuse shirt because I love orange.

Check out the back!


7 comments:
love all the new clothes cherie! You look really good.
Two thumbs up! Your new wardrobe looks fabulous -- and so do you.
You look so GREAT!! Isn't it amazing what having your clothes fit can do for you ... having recently discovered that myself ... :)
You look FABULOUS!!! Your clothes are awesome too. I can't believe how skinny you are! It's inspiring!
My Goodness- AMAZING! Your new clothes look pretty FAB on you! You look so itty bitty, glamorous & down right hot! I love the fashion show pictures!
Can we be BYU roommys again? Then I could borrow some of the darling clothes. When I get my body back of course ;-)
You're so AWESOME. You look fab-u-lous! keep it up girl!
Wowser! I love the new clothes :o) I love to go shopping when I have lost weight....You look mah-va-lous!!
Way to go!
Post a Comment