Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 10

Ok, I'm a little late in posting this, but oh well. Some dates just stand out. And September 10th is one of those dates for me. It is a date that marks the beginning of grand adventures in my life. It is a date of change.

On September 10, 1997 I reported to the Missionary Training Center to learn Vietnamese and embark on an 18 month mission. That was one of the best decisions I ever made.



On September 10, 2001 I started my first real, post-graduation job at Arthur Andersen. My second day on the job was total chaos as we were evacuated from the building with smoke from the Pentagon in view.



I tried the "set a date" approach to marriage one time and chose September 10th as my target date, since it had been a day of new beginnings for me in the past. I don't remember how many years ago I tried that, but it obviously didn't work. There's always next year though. A fall wedding would be great.

2 comments:

EarlGirl said...

Provo had snow on Sept 10? Brrrr! I'll take the almost 90 degrees we have here! I hope all went well with your sink.

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

What a memorable day! And--what a fabulous 2nd day of work that must have been. Yikes!