Saturday, February 26, 2011

No more monsters in my closet!!

I know it doesn't look that bad, but what you can't see is that the shelf was pulling out of the wall and taking drywall down with it because the shelf and closet rod didn't have proper support for their length. It was just a matter of time before it all came crashing down, so I took it all out...


...and put in new, better shelves and closet rods.


Construction zone


Wood clamps (holding the trim that I glued to the edge of each plywood piece)



Hand-drilled holes (lots of them) for adjustable shoe & sweater shelves. Pre-drilled shelving cost about 4 times more than plywood, so I bought the plywood, put on a book on CD and spent a few hours measuring and drilling holes.


I glued trim to the edge of the plywood pieces to make them look nicer.



I LOVE the end result!!!!

7 comments:

EarlGirl said...

It's beautiful!! Well done!

Sarah Jones said...

It looks good, I'm impressed...that sounds like a fun job!

Steven Jones said...

Cherie,
you are a pro! It looks beautiful!

Bottger Family said...

Super wow! You are amazing! It looks amazing...like one of those tv adds for beautiful hand built closets!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

That looks so great! And so much more practical too! I need to do something like that with my closet too. You are so inspiring!

Tammy said...

Yeah my closet needs to be done too! But I know I do not have the patience for hand - drilled holes - they look machine perfect - very impressed!

Shiloh said...

You are seriously amazing!!! Looks great!!