In my scripture reading on Thursday I came to the chapter containing my very favorite scripture and was reminded just how beautiful and powerful it is. I love the imagery. I think it's the most simple, beautiful, merciful and joyful summary of the plan of God in all the scriptures....
Alma 5:7-9
Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold, they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word; yea, they were encircled about by the bands of death, and the chains of hell, and an everlasting destruction did await them.
And now I ask of you, my brethren, were they destroyed? Behold, I say unto you, Nay, they were not.
And again I ask, were the bands of death broken, and the chains of hell which encircled them about, were they loosed? I say unto you, Yea, they were loosed, and their souls did expand, and they did sing redeeming love. And I say unto you that they are saved.
New Year's Resolutions
-
In the spirit of New Year's and the goals and resolutions it always brings,
Elder D. Todd Christofferson gave an exceptional address last week at BYU.
Watc...
15 years ago

1 comment:
That is a really good one. It reminds me of a section I read in Uncle Tom's Cabin the other day at the end. Have you read it? I don't want to wreck it for you if you haven't. It was fantastic and uplifting, and incredibly inspiring.
Post a Comment