For the second year I participated in the Tri to Help Indoor Triathlon for Epilepsy. It was a fun event that gave me some motivation to train hard during the bleakest winter months. I wanted to improve over last year in every leg of the race, and I did!!Rob joined me for this race and we were able to sign up for the same heat. Two friends from my temple shift also did the race, but they were a couple heats before us.
This is how the event worked - It was held at a gym. Everyone swam laps for 10 minutes, then you had 10 minutes to change clothes and go to the stationary bikes, you biked for 30 minutes, had a 5 minute break to move to the treadmills, and then ran for 20 minutes. They tracked the distance that you went in the time allotted. You can view the results here. This year I came in 9th out of 40 women. I was especially happy with my bike distance. Rob is a really strong swimmer and he totally set the curve in the swim leg. Good job Rob! Here's how we did:
Cherie: Swim 19 laps ~ Bike 10.58 miles ~ Run 2.38 miles
Rob: Swim 28 laps ~ Bike 9.17 miles ~ Run 2.41 miles
*Note - I took these pictures with my old camera because it was small enough to just slip in my backpack, but it has now been officially retired. No more terrible quality pictures for me!


1 comment:
I am pretty sure that I don't want to ever do one of these, I just don't have the stamina to train for it. You are crazy cool to keep doing stuff like this! I honestly admire you Cherie!
Alison
Post a Comment