Sunday, January 4, 2009

Niece Sleepovers

Before Laura & Clark and their girls move 3,000 miles away I wanted to have each of the girls come to my house for a sleepover. I don't know the next time they'll be able to visit my home. So during the last month I've worked 3 sleepovers into my weekend/holiday time off. I did basically the same thing with each of them (so there would be no fighting because one girl got to do something the others didn't). We made cookies, crowns and purses. We went swimming at the County rec center indoor water park. We went to McDonald's. We made chocolate milk and ate Lucky Charms for breakfast. And each of the girls got to sleep in my special princess blow-up bed.

Kate LOVED the princess bed!! She wanted to go right to sleep when she got to my house so she could lay in the princess bed.



Isabelle helped me decorate my Christmas tree. Shhhh! The other girls didn't get to do that. Isabelle's sleepover just happened to be at Christmas tree decorating time.

Ready to frost cookies!


Self-portrait



Nat is such a cutie!

5 comments:

EarlGirl said...

Those pictures make me want to cry! You're such a good aunt! I'm so sad that they'll be so far away from you!!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

I'm so glad you got to do that. I bet that meant so much to them. I guess now you'll just have to move up here, huh? (o:

Bottger Family said...

You are such a perfect Aunt! Those girls are so darn cute!

Toby O said...

I have 3 nieces from my sister also, I always used to have them each over for a week at a time during the holidays one each time, we always had so much fun.

Can't really do that right now that I live so far away in the US but I'm sure I will again in the not too distant future.

It's a lot of fun isn't it?

Sharole (oops I used my hubbies id)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories you created for those little girls. You're a terrific aunt.