I've been thinking a lot lately about happiness. The way that I express love to others is to try to make them happy. But some people are puzzling because either nothing makes them happy or everything makes them happy. Its left me thinking about where I fit in that spectrum. Am I a happy person? How often or consistently am I happy? What makes me happy?
Here are some things I know make me happy:
- Sunshine
- Hugs
- Spending time with people who love me consistently no matter what... people with whom I can be open and be myself with no worries.
- Going for a walk
- Dancing
- Achieving a goal
- Being outside, reaching out my arms, closing my eyes and feeling the world around me, whether its sunshine, rain, breezes or chinooks.
- Christmas music
- Little surprises of thoughtfulness
- Doing something for someone else that makes them happy
I love to be around happy people, so I'm trying to be a happy person myself.
What makes you happy?
New Year's Resolutions
-
In the spirit of New Year's and the goals and resolutions it always brings,
Elder D. Todd Christofferson gave an exceptional address last week at BYU.
Watc...
15 years ago

3 comments:
I think that is a good thing to think about. Here is a few on my list:
1. Spending time with Aaron and Owen.
2. Eating really yummy food
3. Accomplishing a goal (I guess we are the same there.)
4. Uplifting music
5. Dancing (we have that one in common too)
6. Having a nice conversation with someone and learning about them.
7. A good book
Alright, there you have it. That was kind of long. I guess it is a good thing that I could keep listing more. I have a lot to be happy about.
Those are some great thoughts! Thanks for the chance to think about it.
I feel happy when:
1. I'm at the right place at the right time to be of service to someone.
2. When I'm curled up on a couch with my girlfriends talking and laughing.
3. In those all too brief moments when all my kids are being loving and we're doing some fun activity together.
4. The day's work is done and the lights are off, and the only thing left to do is close my eyes.
5. Finding a treasure in a thrift shop.
6. Being in the temple with my sweety.
7. Being halfway through an exciting book, cuddled under blankets with a huge bowl of popcorn.
I do think of you as a happy person. You always have a smile on your face. I also think of you as a serene person, but one who is up for trying or doing anything.
The things that make me happy are:
Being inside, snuggled up and warm, during a really big rainstorm; knowing that I do not have to leave home that day.
Having a girlfriend to call when I just feel like shooting the breeze.
Seeing my husband pull into the driveway after work.
Watching my kids try hard to be kind to each other.
Smelling my baby's sweet milky breath.
Dancing
Not being on a diet. (That one will not be for a while, eh?)
Seeing myself being able to run further and faster than I used to.
Coming up with blog ideas in my head (even though I forget most of them by the time I can get around to blogging!)
Sweet cousins who send me movie tickets which I am VERY excited to use! (o: Thank you, by the way!
Post a Comment